The DEAL Community Platform is a space for people worldwide to collaborate and learn how to turn Doughnut Economics from a radical idea into transformative action.
Together, we will explore and demonstrate how to create economies that meet the needs of all within the means of the living planet, and so help to realise a regenerative and distributive economic future.
To ensure that this community is a safe, welcoming and fair space for all members to pursue these bold aims, we collectively agree to abide by the following principles:
- We will keep Doughnut Principles of Practice at the heart of any project that aims to put the ideas of Doughnut Economics into practice.
- We won’t tolerate or perpetuate racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or any other prejudiced or discriminatory language or behaviours.
- We recognise and respect that our global community works together across many different languages, cultures and continents.
- We seek to work alongside and empower existing movements – for economic justice, racial justice, climate justice, workers rights, gender equity and many more – by creating tools and stories to equip and inspire.
- We work in a spirit of open design. Any tools we create are released under a creative commons license – as described in our Licensing Rules – for anyone to use or adapt. If we update or use a tool, we will share back any improvements and stories so the whole community can benefit.
Anyone who does not abide by these principles will receive a warning. Repeated or serious violations may result in temporary or permanent suspension from the platform.
This is a living document that will evolve alongside the community as we learn and grow together, so please do share your suggestions.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of The DEAL Community.