Last Updated: September 15th, 2020
, content Licensing Rules
, and community Code of Conduct
The terms "DEAL", "us" and "we" refer to the owners of this website whose registered office is Doughnut Economics Action Lab C.I.C., 1 Aristotle Lane Oxford Oxfordshire OX2 6TP United Kingdom. The term "you" refers to the user, member or viewer of our website.
These terms may change from time to time, so you should check back regularly, but if we make any significant changes we will email members to let them know.
Terms for everyone
, which describes the data we collect, why we collect it, how we process it, and how long we keep it.
The ‘Tools’, ‘Stories’, and other content on the platform are provided “as is” with no explicit or implied warranty.
Terms for members
You must be at least 13 years of age to create an account.
You must only create an account for yourself as an individual, not an organisation.
If you choose to create an account, you agree to be bound by the DEAL Community Code of Conduct
We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time, for any reason.
User generated content
The types of user generated content available on The DEAL Community Platform include: Tools, Stories, Events, Comments, and File Uploads.
, and Licensing Rules
, most of which is either for your own protection or for the protection of other users like yourself.
All user generated content must be lawful and suitable for ages 13 and up.
All user generated content must comply with the DEAL Licensing Rules
, especially with respect to restrictions surrounding copyrighted materials.
We reserve the right to modify or remove any user generated content for any reason.
You should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least the laws of the United Kingdom. DEAL cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
Licensing and Trademarks
Please familiarise yourself with our Licensing Rules
so that you are aware of, and agree to, our licensing requirements.
In particular, all users contributing to The DEAL Community Platform are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, so long as that use is properly attributed, and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute is granted to any derivative works.
Refraining from Certain Activities
The Tools and Stories hosted by DEAL only exist because of the vibrant community of users like you who collaborate together to generate, share, adapt, and curate the content. We warmly welcome your participation in this community. We encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make comments and contributions aimed at furthering the mission of DEAL.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our site. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United Kingdom or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by DEAL; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by the DEAL community;
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above activities.
Management of user generated content
In an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic user because of significant disturbance or dangerous behaviour. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
- Manage otherwise the DEAL website and The DEAL Community Platform in a manner designed to facilitate their proper functioning and protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and our users, licensors, partners, and the public.
In the interests of our users and The DEAL Community, in the extreme circumstance that any individual has had his or her account or access blocked under this provision, he or she is prohibited from creating or using another account on or seeking access to The DEAL Community Platform, unless we provide explicit permission.
The information on the DEAL website and The DEAL Community Platform is for general purposes. Neither DEAL, nor any person acting on behalf of DEAL, is responsible for the use that may be made of this information.
The user generated content on the community platform does not necessarily reflect the opinion of DEAL, and may be inaccurate or misleading.
We are not liable for any losses or damages incurred in the course of using this website, and users are expected to take reasonable browsing precautions (e.g. anti-virus software).
Links to third party websites are not under our control, and are not endorsed by us unless otherwise specified.
We take no responsibility for technical issues beyond our control.
You can find more information in our FAQ
and for any other questions or concerns not listed there, please contact us
via the DEAL Contact Form.