Hasselt University and the Copenicus Alliance invite you to join the Higher Education Summit 2021!
During this international mini-conference, we bring together the changemakers who, each from their discipline, want to rethink our economy into a safe and fair space for humanity through higher education.
Join us and let’s hear from you!
You will have the opportunity to engage with these inspirational keynote speakers:
Kate Raworth, known for her bestseller 'Doughnut economics: seven steps to an economy for the 21st century’
Mamphela Ramphele, co-president of the Club of Rome
Garry Jacobs, CEO of the World Academy of Art & Science
By the way, did you know that we have found 11 ways to transform higher education and rethink our economy? They will be discussed in these inspiring workshops:
- Learn with Jelleke de Nooy van Tol (Catalyst4Change) how the 4 E's can support transition processes for safe and just humanity (engage, encourage, enable, exemplify)
- Write your story with Wendy Wuyts (author of 'Als Meubels Konden Spreken') to infuse the circular economy with social aspects via creative writing
- Take action with Bruno Delepierre (Happonomy) to get more quality of life from less consumption, or in short, to consume more consciously
- Step into the middle of society with Kathia Reynders (KU Leuven & UHasselt) in order to make the world more sustainable via Community Service Learning
- Organise with Sara Gilissen (UCLL) online and offline bootcamps with students and entrepreneurs about the circular economy using design thinking
- Learn with Evy Puelinckx & Griet Verbeeck (UHasselt) how students work with companies using the City Portrait Canvas to develop a project for a donut economy
- Explore with Gerben Nap (Social Trade Organisation) what higher education institutions can do locally to show the way to a more sustainable economy
- Create with Maha Ech-Chefaa (Enactus Morocco) social innovations to change the world locally and globally
- Discover your own misconceptions about other cultures and decolonise the curriculum in higher education with Latifah Abdou & Sebastian Van Hoeck (WeDecolonizeVUB & UCOS)
- Modernise economics education with Sam de Muijnck (Our New Economy) to engage young people for a better world
- Discover with Marilyn Mehlmann and Miriam Sannum (Legacy17) the role of money in society and what 'good money' for a better economic future can look like
You can register for the workshop of your choice when registering for the Higher Education Summit.
We will close the summit with a live debate between changemakers in business, higher education and students.
Will you take up the gauntlet for a more sustainable world? Register at our website and we see you on the 9th of December.