The DEAL Community Platform was designed to enable people from around the world to connect with each in order to turn the ideas of Doughnut Economics into action. Currently, however, the options for communicating with other members are limited.
Members can choose to make their email address or social media profiles publicly available on their profile, but there are no in-platform methods for communication beyond commenting on tools, stories, and events.
Further options for communicating with other members are currently limited, as the platform was not envisioned as a place for wide-ranging conversations that are not directly related to putting ideas into practice, e.g. providing comments on tools to help improve new iterations.
- How can we improve communication between members while remaining focused on action?
- What additional in-platform methods of communication would you like to see?
- Would you find it useful to be able to to send or receive direct messages?
- Would a general purpose forum/message board be a good fit for the platform?
- Could the comment system be changed to improve communication?
- How can members communicate that they need support or want to collaborate?