Currently, ‘joining’ an event on the DEAL Community Platform has little real impact. The event is added to a user’s profile, but there are no further feedback loops or ways of keeping track of upcoming events.
What is the essence of this suggestion/idea?
An overhaul of the events system to make the act of joining an event more useful. This might include, for example, the ability to:
- Add an event to an external calendar (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Sync an event with external sites, e.g. on Eventbrite or Facebook
- Get notified when an event is updated (see Notification System suggestion)
- Get in contact with everyone who has joined an event (if you're the host)
- Notify attendees of a change to the event (such as date/time)
What are the potential benefits of this suggestion/idea?
An event system overhaul could encourage members to post events by making the system more useful and providing better feature parity with other event platforms that many have become accustomed to.
Who would benefit from this suggestion/idea?
Any community members who host or attend events via the platform. Especially those who have found themselves relying on external tools (such as Eventbrite) to overcome functionality limitations.