This feature is now live at doughnuteconomics.org/events
You can find the original feature proposal in the next section, and if you have ideas for improvements please do leave a comment below.Ideas for further improvements
- Have a suggestion? Please leave a comment below!
Currently, ‘joining’ an event on the DEAL Community Platform has little real impact. The event is added to a user’s profile, but there are no further feedback loops or ways of keeping track of upcoming events.
What is the essence of this suggestion/idea?
An overhaul of the events system to make the act of joining an event more useful. This might include, for example, the ability to:
- Add an event to an external calendar (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Get notified when an event is updated (see Notification System suggestion)
- Notify attendees of a change to the event (such as date/time)
- Sync an event with external sites, e.g. on Eventbrite or Facebook
What are the potential benefits of this suggestion/idea?
An event system overhaul could encourage members to post events by making the system more useful and providing better feature parity with other event platforms that many have become accustomed to.
Who would benefit from this suggestion/idea?
Any community members who host or attend events via the platform. Especially those who have found themselves relying on external tools (such as Eventbrite) to overcome functionality limitations.